From Nothing to Cosmos DVD Set
This series featuring Fr. Robert J. Spitzer S.J. Ph.D. is a full treatment of topics concerned with the evidence for God from contemporary science. It covers the topics in Science, God and Creation in greater depth and detail. It also covers the following six topics not treated in Science, God & Creation.
This four hour, four DVD, dynamic presentation (with optional comprehensive Study Guide) can be used for a twelve-part presentation. It is particularly effective for students having an interest in science. It can also be used as the foundation for a one-semester course in faith and science.
- Why the occurrence of our universal constants and initial conditions cannot be explained by the contention that "it is just here."
- How can the bible and science be reconciled?
- What can Catholics believe about evolution?
- How the human desire for the five transcendentals (perfect and unconditional Truth, Love, Justice/Goodness, Beauty, and Being) indicates the presence of a transphysical soul.
- Why belief in an unrestricted, absolutely simple, pure power (i.e. God) is a more rational explanation than naturalistic explanations (multiverses, pure chance, etc.) to explain universal fine-tuning.
- What about aliens?
100 Activities Based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2nd Edition
New and updated second edition! Sometimes when teaching children an aspect of our Catholic Faith, it is helpful to have a special activity to reinforce the lesson. They need exercises...
22 Ready-Made Prayer Services
by Maryann Hakowski 22 Ready-Made Prayer Services is a rich resource that invites both the novice and veteran youth minister to create and foster prayer experiences that challenge teens to...
31 Days to Becoming a Better Religious Educator
by Jared Dees Creator of the popular website The Religion Teacher, Jared Dees shares practical, easy-to-use teaching strategies and exercises for spiritual growth in his book 31 Days to Becoming...