Ignatius Bible RSV-CE Paperback
A completely new design and typeset edition of the popular Ignatius Revised Standard Version-Catholic Edition Bible, with minor revisions to some of the archaic language used in the first edition. This revised version is a contemporary English translation without dumbing-down the text. This second edition of the RSV doesn't put the biblical text through a filter to make it acceptable to current tastes and prejudices, and it retains the beauty of the RSV language that has made it such a joy to read and reflect on the Word of God. Now the only Catholic Bible in standard English is even more beautiful in word and design!
- Completely re-designed and newly typeset with 9 point font size. Wider margins and improved line-spacing for comfortable reading.
- The RSV, second Catholic edition is the only Bible translation that uses standard (non-feminist) English and is in conformity with the Church's translation guidelines found in the Vatican document, Liturgiam Authenticam
- Nine reference maps in color: The Nations of Genesis Chapter 10; The Exodus from Egypt; The Conquest of Canaan; The Kingdom Years; Jerusalem - From David to Christ; Palestine in Christ's Time; Paul's First and Second Journeys; Paul's Third and Fourth Journeys; The Holy Land in Modern Times.
- Approximate dimensions: 6" x 9".
- Gold-edged pages on the leather bound edition only.
We Also Recommend