Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters; 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know
by Meg Meeker
In today's increasingly complicated world, it's often difficult for parents to connect with their daughters–and especially so for fathers. In this unique and invaluable guide, Dr. Meg Meeker, a pediatrician with more than twenty years' experience counseling girls, reveals that a young woman's relationship with her father is far more important than we've ever realized. Directly challenging the feminist attack on traditional masculinity, Dr. Meeker demonstrates that the most important factor for girls growing up into confident, well-adjusted women is a strong father with conservative values. To have one, she shows, is the best protection against eating disorders, failure in school, STD's, unwed pregnancy, and drug or alcohol abuse-and the best predictor of academic achievement, successful marriage, and a satisfying emotional life.
In Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters,Dr. Meeker shares the ten secrets every father needs to know in order to strengthen or rebuild bonds with his daughter and shape her life–and his own–for the better. Inside you'll discover:
• the essential virtues of strong fathers–and how to develop them
• the cues daughters take from their dads on everything from self-respect to drugs, alcohol, and sex
• the truth about ground rules (girls do want them, despite their protests)
• the importance of becoming a hero to your daughter
• the biggest mistake a dad can make–and the ramifications
• the fact that girls actually depend on their dads' guidance into adulthood
• steps fathers can follow to help daughters avoid disastrous decisions and mistakes
• ways in whicha father's faith–or lack thereof–will influence his daughter
• essential communication strategies for different stages of a girl's life
• true stories of "prodigal daughters"–and how their fathers helped to bring them back
Dads, you are far more powerful than you think–and if you follow Dr. Meeker's advice, the rewards will be unmatched.
No Greater Love Study Pack
The No Greater Love Study Pack includes a workbook and book. This Study Pack is essential for each leader and participant in the study. The full-color workbook includes session overviews, home preparation readings,...
Wisdom: God’s Vision for Life --Study Guide/Journal
by Jeff Cavins and Thomas Smith This Starter Pack contains the key program components for Wisdom: God’s Vision for Life. DVD Set (eight 25-minute videos) Journal These eight videos, featuring Jeff...
Oremus; A Guide to Catholic Prayer --Study Guide
This Student Workbook is your essential guide to the Oremus study program. It contains all the written materials you need to complete the eight-part study, and is designed to be accompanied by...