The Advent-Christmas Book
A complete guide to the Advent-Christmas season for teachers and parents!
The Advent-Christmas season is one of the most celebrated and meaningful seasons of the year, especially for children. The Advent-Christmas Book is the answer for teachers and parents who want to keep Christ in Christmas, create meaningful family tradition, and celebrate the season in classroom and home with handmade kid-friendly crafts, gifts, and recipes.
The Advent-Christmas Book offers teachers and parents:
- Directions for an easy-to-make Advent wreath for home or classroom
- Simple Advent wreath ceremony
- Easy-to follow format by theme
- Read-together stories for each week of Advent
- Community building activities for all ages
- Twenty-five hands-on activities and hand-made gift ideas that are easy for students to complete on their own
- Family Take-Home Pages and other reproducible pages for teachers
- Directions for celebrating a Baby Jesus Birthday Party at home or school
- Suggestions for beginning family Christmas customs and traditions
- Thirty reproducible pages of puzzles and games
- Multi-cultural Christmas suggestions
- Ideas for celebrating the Feasts of the Christmas season
- Advent/Christmas reflections for parents and teachers
From the Introduction:
Advent customs and traditions don't have to be elaborate to hold special meaning. They can be as simple as lighting the Advent wreath candles, sharing Advent Scriptures and prayers before meals, or setting up the family crèche. Traditions such as these can help form warm memories for our children. They can also help us pass on valuable lessons about our faith.
With hands-on activities that kids are bound to love, plus easy-to-follow reproducible pages, which you as busy teachers and parents will appreciate, plus kid-friendly readings from Scripture and pint-sized prayers, this book provides plenty of creative ways to keep Christ at the center of your Advent activities and Christmas festivities.
Knowing that the days and weeks of Advent can be crowded with extra activities at home and school, the projects included in this book are short and simple and can easily fit into busy schedules.
It is my hope that this book will provide the resources you'll need to turn fresh ideas into meaningful customs and traditions that you can share with your children.
May God continue to bless you as you continue to plant and nourish seeds of faith during Advent, Christmas, and always.
Joan Marie Arbogast, Author
Features & Benefits:
- Ideal for families to use for establishing their own traditions
- A valuable resource for teachers of children in grades 1 through 8
24 Christmas Stories for Little Ones
by Sophie De Mullenheim, Anne Gravier Prepare your young children for Christmas by reading aloud these delightful and inspiring stories. Familiar customs such as the Advent wreath and the Christmas...
24 Christmas Stories to Welcome Jesus
by Various Authors The joy and hope of Christmas are at the heart of this book intended for the whole family. Starting with the 1st of December (like an Advent calendar)...