Annulments: What You Need to Know
Confused about annulments? Think they're just a Catholic "divorce" in disguise?
Many people have questions about annulments but aren't sure where to turn for the answers. Jimmy Akin, director of apologetics for Catholic Answers, has taken on the task of providing a concise, understandable booklet about annulments, written in question-and-answer format.
Whether your question is a basic one or delves into a more specific case, Akin covers the broad range of issues that fall under the topic of annulments. His brief overview will give you a clear understanding of what is involved in annulments, including the basics, the grounds for annulments, the concerns people have, and particular cases.
Inside, you'll learn the answers to such questions as:
- What is an annulment?
- Is an annulment the same as a divorce?
- How can I know if I need an annulment?
- Do annulments cost anything?
- How long do annulments take?
- What are the reasons that the Church would consider a particular marriage null?
- How can a couple live together for years and then have their marriage annulled?
- If the parents are granted an annulment, does that make their children illegitimate?
- What is the Pauline privilege?
- What happens when a marriage is convalidated?
Find the answers to these and many other questions in this accessible booklet on annulments. A valuable reference guide!
101 Tips for Marrying the Right Person
Are you a Catholic confused about how to find your true love? Do you want to work on a current dating relationship, preparing it for engagement and marriage? Packed into...
Beloved Couple's Guide Marriage Enrichment
So you've shared an anniversary or two...or twenty...and you've learned a lot about yourselves and each other through your marriage so far. But what if marriage is more than you...
Beloved Couple's Guide Marriage Preparation
You're in love. You're reasonably compatible. There's a thrill and romance you enjoy. You want to spend the rest of your lives together. Getting married seems straightforward enough. But... What...