by Nicole Lataif
Awaken young children to the joy and mystery of being human!
"Your soul is in all you are and do, soul and body-forever you!"
Starting at an early age, kids are curious about their existence as human beings. At the primary stage, they wonder about where they came from, who they are as individuals, and how they fit into this world. As adults, it is often difficult to find the right words to explain these complex ideas to them in a way that they can relate to. And in this critical period of individual identity formation, finding those 'right words' is all the more essential.
At the most basic level, this resource for Christian faith formation introduces children ages 4-8 to what being human is all about. Whether you are a parent, grandparent, or catechist, you will find this resource to be helpful in explaining the concept of a "soul" to your children. Simply structured sentences, engaging text, relatable analogies grounded in nature and creation, and whimsical illustrations by Mary Rojas invite children to understand and embrace the whole human person.
Your child will learn about the soul's:
- Presence in their every moment, action, and emotion
- Spiritual nature
- Link to their body and physical experiences
- Substance and origin as a gift to them from God
- Commonality to all of humanity, but also its individual uniqueness
- Sacredness, with gentle allusions to John Paul II's Theology of the Body
- Service-directed purpose through loving and helping their neighbors
- Call to eternal life in heaven, without explicitly referencing death
A note "For Grown Ups" explains to you that this book is a resource that sparks conversation with children about who they are, how they can love, and the eternal value of individuals. In this conversation between you and your child, you can lay strong foundations for their spiritual formation.
Features & Benefits:
- Authored by a religious educator who is active in faith-based initiatives
- Paves the way for understanding the theology of the body, and moral and sacramental theology
- Introduces children to the concept of eternal life without referencing death
- Provides children with a foundational view of the human person
- Offers support to children with terminally-ill loved ones
- Read aloud-friendly format
012-No Greater Love --Study Pack
The No Greater Love Study Pack includes a workbook and book. This Study Pack is essential for each leader and participant in the study. The full-color workbook includes session overviews, home preparation readings,...
100 Activities Based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2nd Edition
New and updated second edition! Sometimes when teaching children an aspect of our Catholic Faith, it is helpful to have a special activity to reinforce the lesson. They need exercises...
22 Ready-Made Prayer Services
by Maryann Hakowski 22 Ready-Made Prayer Services is a rich resource that invites both the novice and veteran youth minister to create and foster prayer experiences that challenge teens to...