Matthew: The King and His Kingdom Starter Pack
by Jeff Cavins and Sarah Christmyer
Matthew: The King and His Kingdom is an exciting study that explores the life and mission of Jesus as recorded in the Gospel. Matthew demonstrates how the promises and prophecies of the Old Testament are fulfilled in Christ, who establishes a New Law and inaugurates the Kingdom of Heaven on earth. Participants will see Jesus as the awaited Messiah who relives the life and struggles of Israel to become the faithful and victorious King. Set in the rich context of Jesus' Jewish culture, this study will help participants understand who Jesus is and what his life and teachings mean for us today. Matthew is an ideal follow-up study to the basic narrative of Scripture taught in The Bible Timeline study.
Your Group Will:
- See Jesus as the Son of David, the Son of Abraham, the New Moses, the True Manna, the New Temple—and learn what this means for us today.
- Learn how Jesus reconstituted the struggling kingdom of Israel around Himself and opened the Kingdom of God to all people.
- Witness how Christ established his Church with the Twelve Apostles, and Peter as his vicar.
- Discover the roots of the sacraments, and see how Jesus' words and actions are reflected in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
- Watch Jesus re-live the history of Israel as the obedient Son who trusts the Father, defeats hell and the grave, and rises to new life.
The Matthew Starter Pack includes the 12-DVD Set (twenty-four, 50-min. sessions), where Jeff Cavins provides expert commentary on the Gospel of Matthew, and the Study Set. A Study Set is essential for each participant. It includes engaging study “Questions” (with lesson summaries, home reading assignments, talk outlines, charts, diagrams, and more) and a set of suggested “Responses,” which are needed for home preparation, small group discussion, and lesson reviews.
- Study Questions (with lesson summaries, home reading assignments, talk outlines, charts, diagrams, and more)
- Suggested Responses (for lesson review)
- Study Binder
- 12-DVD Set (twenty-four, 50-min. sessions)
7 Secrets of Divine Mercy: A Study Guide
by Mary Flinn In this inspiring and easy-to-use guide to her father's best-selling book , 7 Secrets of Divine Mercy, author Mary Flynn leads you on a personal journey to a...
7 Secrets of the Eucharist: A Study Guide
by Mary Flinn A perfect companion to 7 Secrets of the Eucharist, this chapter-by-chapter study guide is a great resource for individual use, discussion groups, CCD classes, or RCIA formation. You’ll...
A Biblical Walk Through the Mass
Understanding What We Say and Do in the Liturgy As Catholics, the Mass is the center of our Faith. We celebrate it every day. We know all the responses. We...