Navigating The New Evangelization
by Raniero Cantalamessa, OFM Cap.
Set sail aboard a historical journey through evangelization with papal homilist Raniero Cantalamessa as your captain.
Compiling the meditations that he delivered at the Papal Household of Pope Benedict XVI during Advent 2010 and 2011, Fr. Cantalamessa traces the waves of evangelization from the first centuries of Christianity to the present day. On this horizon where history, geography, and culture meet, he propels us toward the shores of the new evangelization. Diving into scientific atheism, rationalism, and secularism, Cantalamessa navigates through the major modern challenges that the announcement of the Gospel encounters. His writing is anchored in quotes from Scripture, the Church Fathers, Vatican Councils, papal documents, saints, doctors of the Church, theologians, philosophers, poets, authors, and scientists. By mapping out the route that evangelization has taken, Cantalamessa provides readers with a compass steering them not only toward an understanding of the new evangelization, but also toward putting that understanding into practice.
Features & Benefits:
- Authored by the Preacher of the Papal Household since 1980
- Foreword written by Bishop Christopher J. Coyne, SLD from the Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Provides a historical context for approaching the new evangelization
- Includes responses to current challenges to the faith
- Acknowledges the realities of the digital age
- Analyzes culture to present obstacles to evangelization
- Addresses contemporary schools of thought
- Utilizes analogies and anecdotes to clarify explanations
- Invites the reader to experience the book as a summons to participating in the new evangelization
30 Favorite Novenas
by Anonymous Short novena prayers to Our Lady, St. Joseph, St. Anne, St. Michael, St. Jude, St. Anthony, St. Gerard, St. Rita, St. Therese, Holy Angels, Poor Souls, etc.