Saints Alive! The Gospel Witnessed
by Marie Paul Curley, FSP
The saints take center stage, showing us how to live a Christian life through the Gospel.
Combining the art of dramatic storytelling with biography, Church history, and Catholic teaching and belief, this collection of stories features saints from different eras, continents, and walks of life. Each brief story highlights a particular aspect of or challenge in the saint's life and connects it to a Gospel verse. Themes include: conversion, discipleship, bearing witness, ministering to Christ, love, suffering, union with God, living the Word, and faith.
Showing how real people lived the Gospel, their stories reveal the richness of the Christian life and offer inspirational models of the faith. This book's companion volume, Saints Alive! The Faith Proclaimed takes a similar approach, showing us how to live a Christian life through the example of holy-yet relatable-men and women who have lived the beatitudes and sacraments. Teachers and students of the faith and individuals who are simply looking for captivating stories to read will find that presenting components of the Catholic faith through the lives of the saints is both educational and enjoyable.
Along with their biographical portraits, each included saint features a prayer, a fact box, notes, lesser-known facts, and a quote from their writings. A "Reader's Guide" contains personal reflection and group discussion questions and directs you to relevant parts of the Bible and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. This unique feature makes this volume ideal for RCIA teachers and participants, adult faith formation groups, parish book clubs, and independent study.
This volume contains stories of:
- Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys
- Satoko Kitahara
- Saint Patrick
- Saint Clare of Assisi
- Saint Benedict of Nursia
- Venerable Pierre Toussaint
- Saint Teresa of Avila
- Saint Katherine Drexel
- Blessed Franz Jagerstätter
- Saint Thomas More
- Saint Philip Neri
- Saint Peter Claver
- Saint John Vianney
- Venerable Matt Talbot
- Blessed Victoria Rasoamanarivo
- Saint Joseph Mukasa
- Saint Charles Lwanga
- Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
- Saint Rose of Lima
- Saint Hildegard of Bingen
- Saint Francis Xavier
- Blessed James Alberione
- Saint Joan of Arc
- Saint Anthony of Padua
- Saint Zita
- Saint Pio of Pietrelcina
- Blessed Miguel Agustin Pro
- Saint Edith Stein
- Blessed Manuel Lozano Garrido
- Blessed Mary Elizabeth Hesselblad
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
Features & Benefits:
- Authored by experienced screenwriters who employ a unique storytelling format
- Paired with companion volume, Saints Alive! The Faith Proclaimed
- Highlights the connection between Christian belief and practice
- Presents content in a distinctive framework extending beyond biography
- Features a diversified selection of saints and blesseds in a historical and global context
- Incorporates adult catechesis and faith formation
- Facilitates personal reflection and group discussion
- Suited for teachers, book clubs, faith groups, and individual readers
26 Champions of the Rosary; The Essential Guide to the Greatest Heroes of the Rosary
by Fr. Donald Calloway Read this book and learn all about the greatest heroes of the rosary in Church history, prepare yourself to join their ranks, and respond to the...
by Anne Eileen Heffernan, FSP Some of the best-loved saints of the Church are featured in a revised and updated edition of a classic collection. Wonderfully written biographies and illustrations...
A Boy Who Became Pope; The Story of Saint John Paul II
by Fabiloa Garza Framed around the question "Who do you love most?", this ravishingly illustrated biography for children ages 6 - 9 tells the captivating story of Saint John Paul...