St. Francis and Pope Francis: Prayer, Poverty, and Joy
by Alan Schreck, PhD
"Today, in the name of St Francis, I say to you: I have neither gold nor silver to give you, but something far more precious, the Gospel of Jesus." - Pope Francis
What do a medieval Italian Catholic and a twenty-first century Argentine pope have in common?
The certainty that encountering Jesus can change your life and the world.
Alan Schreck, author and professor, considers the times and message of both St. Francis of Assisi and Pope Francis and invites you to experience the same freedom and joy that they have found in Jesus.
St. Francis and Pope Francis brings together themes that are central to the mission of both these men:
- Conversion - their stories are different but their message the same: turn to God
- Prayer - union with Jesus is for everyone
- Poverty - the imitation of Christ heals and restores
- Church - faithfulness is the foundation for renewal
- Mission - the same in every age: share the Gospel
- Joy - the hallmark of Catholic life and possible for us today
Two men separated by 800 years. One vision. As Pope Francis said, on a visit to Assisi: "I seem to hear the voice of St Francis repeating: "The Gospel, the Gospel!"
30 Favorite Novenas
by Anonymous Short novena prayers to Our Lady, St. Joseph, St. Anne, St. Michael, St. Jude, St. Anthony, St. Gerard, St. Rita, St. Therese, Holy Angels, Poor Souls, etc.