The Prophets: Messengers of God's Mercy Starter Pack
by Thomas Smith & Sarah Christmyer
God Is Calling You To a Deeper Relationship with Him
If we consider that God is the Divine Bridegroom and the Church is his Bride, then the prophets can be seen as “spiritual marriage counselors.” They afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted, calling us to return to our covenant relationship with God. They urge us to repentance, warn us of the dangers of sin, and announce the blessings of faithfulness. Their prophetic words speak to us even today, as they draw us closer to our heavenly Bridegroom, and show us how to share him with others.
In The Prophets You Will:
- Discover who the prophets were, what their message was, and why they are important to us.
- See how God is constantly calling you to a deeper relationship with him.
- Discover the areas in your life that prevent you from drawing closer to God.
- Understand how the central message of the prophets is one of love, proclaiming the mercy of God for his children.
- See how their powerful words speak to us today, shedding light on our faith and our lives.
- Discover the ways you are called to be the voice of God to others.
The Prophets Starter Pack includes the 5-DVD Set (ten, 30-min. sessions in which Thomas Smith provides expert commentary on the biblical prophets) and the Study Set. A Study Set is essential for each participant. It includes engaging study questions (with lesson summaries, home reading assignments, talk outlines, charts, diagrams, and more) and a set of suggested “Responses,” which are needed for home preparation, small group discussion, and lesson reviews.
- Study Questions (with lesson summaries, home reading assignments, talk outlines, charts, diagrams, and more)
- Suggested Responses (for lesson review)
- Study Binder
- 5-DVD Set (ten, 30-min. sessions)
7 Secrets of Confession
by Vinny Flynn "I want to go to Communion, so I have to go to confession." Sound familiar? To many Catholics, confession is just a means to an end: cleaning...
7 Secrets of Divine Mercy
by Vinny FlynnIn 2000, Pope John Paul II canonized the great 20th century visionary of Divine Mercy, Sister Faustina Kowalska, and proclaimed the Sunday after Easter to be celebrated annually as...
A Year of Mercy with Pope Francis: Daily Reflections
by Kevin Cotter "The Church must be a place of mercy freely given, where everyone can feel welcomed, loved, forgiven and encouraged to live the good life of the Gospel....