Theology of the Body for Beginners: Revised Edition
by Christopher West
Broken families, abortion, AIDS, Internet pornography, sexual abuse scandals, homosexual marriage, our Church and our world are in the midst of a profound sexual crisis. Is there a way out?
For such a time as this have we been given Saint John Paul II’s Theology of the Body. Based on the words of Jesus, Saint John Paul II’s famous reflections on the body and sex take us to the root of the modern crisis and chart the path to an authentic sexual liberation. Yet the late Pope’s dense scholarship often intimidates the average person.
In his previous book, Theology of the Body Explained, Christopher West offered a more detailed, six-hundred page commentary on Saint John Paul II’s Theology of the Body. Here, he provides a short and popular summary of the Pope’s revolutionary teaching.
- What is the meaning of life?
- Why did God create us male and female?
- Why is there evil in the world and how do we overcome it?
- How do we attain true happiness on earth?
- What kind of joys await us in heaven?
- How can we experience the love we long for in the depth of our hearts?
The first edition of Theology of the Body for Beginners (2004) quickly became an international best-seller. This freshly revised and expanded edition is based on Dr. Michael Waldstein’s much improved translation of Saint John Paul IIís catechesis.
New for this edition:
- All quotations have been updated with the new translation.
- Key insights discovered through Dr. Waldstein’s access to the Saint John Paul II archives have been incorporated.
- The outline of the text has been substantially reorganized to reflect the newly discovered outline of Saint John Paul II’s original manuscript.
- Saint John Paul II’s “hidden” and previously untranslated addresses are summarized.
A Catholic Woman’s Guide to Romance
by Rose Sweet Calling all Catholic women! Has your longing for real romance never really been satisfied? Have you been let down by love or marriage? Are you tired of...
At the Heart of the Gospel: Reclaiming the Body for the New Evangelization
by Christopher West The sexual revolution brought a terribly distorted vision of the body and sex into the mainstream. How should Christians respond? With his illuminating Theology of the Body, Pope...
by Matt Fradd Deliverance from pornography is possible—and these true stories prove it. The pious Catholic man whose fairytale marriage was almost destroyed by his fierce addiction… The young woman...