Tre Ore: The Seven Last Words of Christ CD Set
The "Three Hours' Agony" or Tre Ore is a liturgical service held on Good Friday from noon until 3 o'clock to commemorate the Passion of Christ. Specifically, it refers to the three hours that Jesus hung on the Cross and includes a series of homilies on the seven last words of Christ. Father Barron was invited by Timothy Cardinal Dolan to preside over the Tre Ore service at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York, and the content of his presentation is featured here.
Take the opportunity to meditate on the beautiful paintings and reflection questions included in the accompanying 14-page booklet. Allow the gravity and glory of Christ's crucifixion to bring you ever closer to Him.
Disc 1 - The first, second, and third words (45:11)
- First: Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.
- Second: Today you will be with me in paradise.
- Third: Woman, behold your son. Behold your mother.
Disc 2 - The third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh words (44:28)
- Fourth: My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
- Fifth: I thirst.
- Sixth: Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.
- Seventh: It is finished.
We Also Recommend